May 14

Cranberry Crumb Cake

Hi and welcome to my blog today I am going to share a recipe called Cranberry Crumb Cake I have never tried this  recipe but I hope you are as excited as I am to put this recipe on my blog. This recipe came from a book called Sweet Stuff by Karen Barker.

ingredients for crumb topping

11/3 cups + 2 tablespoons of flour

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1o tablespoons butter melted

ingredients  for  cake

1 1/2 cups of flour

1/2 cup sugar

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1 egg

1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1 1/2 cups cranberries

2 tablespoons confectioners sugar

preparation

preheat oven to 350 . Butter a 9×9 pan line the bottom with parchment paper, and butter the paper. Lightly flour the pan tapping out the excess flour.

prepare the crumb topping by stirring together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter. At first it might look as if the crumb mixture is to we, but do not worry it will become more crumbly once it sits for a few min. Reserve.

sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon into a medium size  bowl. Add the salt and reserve.

combine the egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla and mix until blended.

Combine the egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla and mix till blended. Stir this mixture into the reserved dry ingredients and mix till just smooth and blended. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan with a small offset spatula. Th batter will just cover the bottom of the pan. Place the cranberries in a single even layer over the batter leaving a 1/2 inch border around the outer perimeter of the pan. Scatter the crumb topping evenly over the cake, breaking up any large chunks. Press the crumbs down lightly.

Bake at 350 for about 50 min or until the cake tests done. To remove this cake from its pan, allow it to cool completely, loosen the sides with a paring knife, then cover with a parchment paper lined baking sheet and turn the pan over; when the cake comes free, remove the parchment paper liner. Cover the cake with a service platter and reinvert. Sift the confectioners sugar over the top of the cake. This can be made 1 day in advance. Store at room temperature.

Posted May 14, 2021 by 29madeleineh in category Uncategorized

1 thoughts on “Cranberry Crumb Cake